Join us for Corporate Census Day on Friday, April 3, 2020. We encourage you to have employees take 10-15 minutes out of their workday to complete the census. The census form contains only nine questions and can be filled out online or over the phone. It is a quick and easy way to make a major impact for all of us in Illinois!
A complete and accurate U.S. 2020 Census count is critical for our state and local communities to receive billions of dollars in federal funding for programs and infrastructure you value most. From healthcare centers to nutrition assistance, school funding, libraries, roads, EMS services, and more—our communities benefit when every person is counted. As we face the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for human health services and educational programs has become even clearer. For each person not counted, our community stands to lose $1,400 a year in funding for programs that support our state and local communities. That’s why it’s critical to #CareAbouttheCount.
- Employees should refer to their census letter received by mail for their unique code. If they do not have the letter, they can still complete the census.
- Go to 2020Census.gov and click Respond.
- You can complete the census for everyone in your family. Everyone counts including newborn babies born on or before April 1, 2020.
- The census form contains nine questions and only takes about 10–15 minutes to complete.
- Once completed, we encourage employees to share their participation using the Facebook frame “I’m counted.” as their profile picture by searching #careaboutthecount.
- Download social assets to post on your corporate page (Click To Download Assets).
Thank you for helping every person be counted!
Kara Demirjian Huss