Let’s face it, email has been around the block a time or two. As one of the longest standing digital marketing tools, sometimes it can be difficult to capture the audience’s attention. So how do you do it?
In order to stand out in the inbox, you have to push the envelope (pun intended). Here are seven ways you can shake up your email campaigns:
- Attention-grabbing copy – Subject lines are important, give them a reason to click.
- Interesting creative – Incorporate dynamic elements such as video, gifs, countdowns.
- Leverage popular communication strategies – People love memes and emojis.
- Personalization – Calling someone by name usually gets their attention.
- Interactive elements – If emails mimic other online experience, users will be more likely to click around.
- Double down – Consider linking email campaigns to messaging apps like Facebook Messenger.
- Think outside the box