About the position
The Marketing Content Writer & Strategist will work across all DCC teams (creative, accounts, public relations, digital and business development) to facilitate the strategic direction of forward thinking and differentiating messaging. This involves the development of client centric win themes, writing high quality executive messaging, and using creative skills to help craft impactful visual content across various multi-media channels. The Content Writer & Strategist will ensure consistency of all client deliverables by providing strategic editorial direction across the organization. This role will use competitive intelligence research tools to enable meaningful communication messages which will create impact for the organization and clients.
- Strategically collaborate across the organization to understand and reach key audiences, media, goals and messages to write meaningful copy for marketing pieces
- Envision and define a brand’s story, and have a design sensibility on how content will be presented and distributed not just in textbase but also infographics and multi-media presentations
- Create and disseminate content standards documents, such as style, personality, tone of voice, and when needed audience analysis, audience personas, customer/user journeys and message mapping.
- Brainstorm and develop concepts for marketing campaigns, social and web content based for client objectives/customer end-user needs
- Gather key business insights to conduct qualitative analyses of client/s current and competitive content across digital and traditional assets
- Conduct research and engage internal and external stakeholders to gather information required to successfully write original marketing content for print and digital communication campaigns
- Content Creation
- Write copy for marketing pieces including advertisements (print and digital), email, websites, direct mail, signage, brochures, newsletters (print and digital), social (editorial calendars), letters and other marketing tactics as assigned/needed
- Utilize best practices for each type of marketing piece and evaluate past campaigns to construct high-quality, effective messaging
- Work closely with the web team and account team to write, edit and proofread website copy, finding strategic content and making forward-thinking decisions which could include reworking/reusing content
- Work with technical subject matter experts to translate expert knowledge and process into easy to understand written procedures
- Collaborate with the SVP on writing content and editing proposals.
- Meet with clients to conduct stakeholder interviews
- Prepare scripts and talking points for presentations, videos and tutorials as needed
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy which delivers across the project life cycle
- Review & Editing
- Ensure quality control of marketing pieces through detailed proofreading by establishing and maintaining content workflow, management and governance
- Maintain organizational voice, style and brand standards across marketing and communications internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, journalism, English, PR or related field and/or 2-4 years relevant professional experience in marketing environment
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to write for various channels including print, web, email, social, advertisements, signage, etc.
- Willingness to collaborate with teams and experts across the organization
- Ability to think strategically and use institutional knowledge, best practices to develop copy aligned with the objectives of the organization and departments
- Ability to write for audiences diverse in age, nationality, professional status, et
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and jump in where help is needed
Location and Schedule:
- DCC Main office in Decatur, IL OR Satellite office in Chicago, IL
- 8:00am-5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Hybrid: in-office 3 days per week / remote 2 days per week
Salary and Benefits:
- $45K-$50K depending upon experience
- Family-owned business
- Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Equal Opportunity Employer
DCC Marketing, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.