Position Overview: As a Graphic Designer, you’ll be assisting the Creative Team with (both hands-on and digital) illustration, renderings, packaging and production design. Part of your duties will be to create project presentations and grow an understanding for how design thinking works and provide purposeful design. This is an exciting opportunity for new graduates looking to learn and launch their career.
Your portfolio of work displays a strong understanding of page layout, composition, creative social posts and attention to detail. Video/photography experience is a plus. You possess confidence and a desire to champion the Adobe Creative Suite programs. You can multitask, respond positively to feedback and your strengths include the ability to adapt, flex and work quickly.
You are a fit for this position if you are: One who takes initiative to solve problems and follow up. Is unafraid to dive into uncharted waters. You pride yourself in being highly organized, energetic and radiate a positive attitude. Your personal principles that guide you on a daily basis include honesty, curiosity, collaboration, flexibility, accountability, empathy, positivity, and humility.
Company Overview: We are a culture-driven, performance-based company with an environment designed for creativity and innovation to thrive. As a family grown women-owned business, we look for employees who are entrepreneurial-minded. We love overachievers and self-starters who have the ability to come up with great ideas and then turn around and implement them – so that we are both thinkers and doers for our clients. We embrace talent and have designed an agency that fosters continued learning so you can reach amazing potential. Our ability as a company to meet objectives rests in attracting, retaining and motivating individuals who will dedicate their efforts to accomplishment on the job.
- Conceptualization, design and completion of graphics for product aesthetics, presentations, technical repeats, promotional materials, digital assets and production of all panel packaging layouts to their completion.
- Takes art direction from the Creative Director, and/or design team and creates complete layouts, working proficiently in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, Premier Pro, Acrobat Designs.
- Resulting design work proves organization, attention to detail, error proof work, and an interest/understanding of Design Thinking. It is according to client specifications and DCC design standards.
- Expected to co-present to clients with the DCC team and must have a strong ability to articulate design strategy and how designs meet objectives. Represents self and DCC with a positive, respectful attitude of clients and work.
- Design and implement presentations, print, multimedia, promotional, and web projects for external and internal clients to meet the standards and style of DCC Marketing.
- Concept, storyboard, produce and edit video content for brand, web and social channels.
- Creativity and originality in concept and design development.
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, Digital and Web teams, including Creative/Art Directors, designers, and writers for concept and creation of content.
- Adhere to hourly time requirements, project budgets, and scheduled due dates.
- Assist with photography, videography, and editing as needed.
- Organize, maintain, and update design files through internal systems.
- Foster individual growth as a designer and enhance corporate growth as a member of DCC Marketing by providing thought-leadership; promote best-practices, new ideas and initiatives, research & analysis. Stay up to date on industry knowledge, trends, and technology.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients, vendors, and co-workers.
Requirements & Skills:
- Mac computer usage.
- Proficiency in the following software:
- Adobe Creative Suite- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PremierePro, AfterEffects, Audition
- Microsoft – PowerPoint
- Google Slides / Documents
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent organization, time management, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Prompt attendance and professional demeanor
- Collaborative, can-do personality
- Ability to work efficiently and can deliver great design under pressure
- Time management and effective presentation skills
Education & Experience:
- Open and excited to hire new graduates
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience
- BA in illustration, graphic, or communication design OR appropriate combination of experience and education
Starting salary: $38,000
This is a full-time salary exempt position on-site in our Decatur, IL office. Normal business hours are 8am-5pm M-F. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick & Holiday Time
To apply, send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
DCC Marketing, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. DCC Marketing, LLC.’s management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.