About the position
Reporting to the SVP, the Web Developer is key to the digital marketing team. This role works with Sr. Leadership, creative, account executives and other digital team members to understand the scope and needs of clients.
- Meets with clients to discuss and understand the goals of the website; helps clients visualize a general concept and framework.
- Plans, executes, and facilitates website and application development projects in accordance with specifications, budget, and timeline.
- Collaborates across departments to identify and understand new website and application development needs.
- Develops and implements websites and applications; coordinates site and application functionality with organization’s content management system.
- Drafts an initial proposal, sitemap and wireframe that includes graphics and text.
- Presents initial concept wireframe to client; continually modifies and consults with client to meet the client’s expectations.
- Designs images, banners, bullets, charts, and other graphics to improve the site’s appearance.
- Creates, embeds, and/or references text, audio, and video web content according to the client’s needs and preferences.
- Collaborates with client to choose and register a domain name.
- Registers the site with search engines and online directories.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves site and application issues; recommends and implements preventive measures to avoid future problems.
- Ensures site security and ADA compliance.
- Provides on-call support to support service level agreements.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technology and best practices in website and application design and development.
- Design and build campaign landing pages
- Work with clients to connect and launch landing pages used for campaigns. Platforms include but not limited to Instapage, Unbounce and custom pages
- Conducts monthly maintenance updates for all client websites including updating of plugins and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Set up and monitor google analytics and tag manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with web development and design teams; provides guidance on marketing-related aspects of the company’s web presence.
- Develops and expands company’s web presence through social media, email, web advertising, and other online sources; promotes company brand through these channels.
- Drafts, implements, maintains, and revises online marketing campaigns to drive sales and revenue to the company.
- Coordinates with other marketing team members to ensure active promotions and campaigns are represented on the website(s).
- Partners with other digital team members to ensure google analytics and tracking is set up correctly for all client sites, landing pages and campaigns
- Build website analytic reports
- Monitors and makes suggestions to improve search engine optimization (SEO) results for the company’s site(s).
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in online marketing.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to work on multiple projects and stay within scope, schedule, cost, and quality specifications.
- Experience in wireframe development
- Proficient understanding of .NET programming framework.
- Understand content marketing platforms and strategies
- Design and implement new features and functionality in WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Utilize WordPress themes and plug-ins and develop appropriate code to create pages
- Create WordPress custom themes to manage display and layout of a website
- Create instructional videos and tutorials for clients on how to update and edit site content
- Ensure responsiveness is part of the design and execution of the website development
- Work closely with creative and account teams to ensure there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Research different software programs, maintain software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down
- Skilled at maintaining and expanding/enhancing websites once built
- Understanding of Hosting, SFTP and ability to troubleshoot server issues
- Experience and understanding with digital analysis—CTR, PPC, and related integrated marketing strategies.
- Experience using social media, mobile and paid platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and google
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Review and interpret performance results and clearly communicate and recommend advancement strategies with client.
- Ability to employ moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products and Google Sheets to manage analyses and present data-heavy information in clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable and concise way.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be responsive with communication while managing multiple projects
- Ability to adjust and be available based on clients’ needs
- Professionalism with all communication and build relationships across teams within the agency
- Contribute as a member of a work group team to agency goals
- Always be learning: reading relevant blogs and articles, attending training sessions, talking to experts and taking an interest generally in what is going on around you
- Be plugged in to new trends and developments across the industry and particularly within the clients’ sectors
- Understand the different types of available and emerging media, particularly online, including constraints and opportunities presented by each
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or a related field, or appropriate combination of experience and education
Benefits & Perks you’ll love:
• Family-owned business
• Health, Dental, Vision insurance
• Life & disability insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick & Holiday Time
Schedule & Location: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Decatur, IL or Chicago, IL
To Apply: Send cover letter & resume to HR@dccmarketing.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
DCC Marketing, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. DCC Marketing, LLC.’s management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.