We are a culture-driven, performance-based company with an environment designed for creativity and innovation to thrive. DCC is based in Decatur, Illinois with a satellite office in Chicago. As a family grown women-owned business, we look for employees who are entrepreneurial-minded. We love overachievers and self-starters who can come up with great ideas and then turn around and implement them – so that we are both thinkers and doers for our clients. We embrace talent and have designed an agency that fosters continued learning so you can reach amazing potential.
Reporting to the SVP, the Web Programmer is a key piece of our marketing agency. We are looking for a Web programmer who will perform designing٫ coding and improving our client’s web pages٫ programs and applications. Your goal will be converting needs into functional and user-friendly websites and programs. You’ll need to be dependable, adaptable, and driven.
- Build fully functional websites by writing clean٫ testable code using HTML/CSS best practices
- Ensure compliance with security principles, accessibility including meeting ADA standards
- Develop themes, plugins, or modules as needed
- Work closely with designers, and project & account team to ensure successful project delivery on-time and within budget
- Landing Page development
- Keep informed about latest industry developments and best practices including SEO techniques
- Work with hosting solutions such as AWS or siteground to create staging and live sites
- Connect Domain Name to hosting service
- Organize testing and debugging on a regular basis
- Upgrade and repair existing sites and integrate back-end data
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: Provide ongoing maintenance and support for existing websites and web applications. Respond promptly to issues, perform updates, and implement enhancements as needed.
- Analyze site performance and suggest new features and improvements
- Setup and monitor Google Tag Manager and Analytics
- Internal and client-facing reporting
- Meet with clients and prepare technical training documentation for user support
- Candidate must reside within Illinois
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress CMS is required
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in a Web Programmer or Developer position
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of back end languages such as PHP, Phyton, Ruby, Java or other
- Experience with domain management and web hosting preferred
- Experience setting up Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics/GA4 event tracking is preferred
- Strong communication and teamwork skills and collaboration across the department and agency
- Close attention to detail
- Good project management skills within a dynamic work environment
Location and Schedule:
- Decatur, IL or Chicago, IL Office
- 8:00am-5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Hybrid: in-office 3 days per week / remote 2 days per week
Salary and Benefits:
- $55K-$80K depending upon work location and experience
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Note that the specific requirements and technologies may vary depending on the client project needs including front-end development, back-end development, or full-stack development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
DCC Marketing, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and samples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org